What I threatened, (sort of) kidding around with my husband, "You better treat me right or I'll blog about it!"
Husband: "Oh, right because you have so many followers. Let me call Katrysse and tell her my side of the story."
Me: (squint eyes menacingly) "Ooooouuuu... (pause, think, nothing) you REALLY got me there!"
- I say this sarcastically, as if it wasn't a great comeback or threat, he didn't win this round... see, my eyes are still squinted.
Why can't I come up with any clever comebacks?
First of all, Kat, thank you my dear friend for being my one and only follower. I know beyond a doubt that I can count on you no matter what. You are a loyal and fierce friend. I absolutely adore you.... always.
Secondly, what are we going to do about my husband? Alex is clever and witty. I took him out of the south side, I had to have him because I am captivated by his quick wit and sense of humor, he thoroughly entertains me and it never gets boring. BUT can I blog about him and tell on him, or would that be crossing some unethical/ethical blogging rule? What about all the other people that I come across, is it okay to talk about them? How much is okay to tell? How much do you want to know? I was asking myself these kinds of questions today, and didn't come up with a really good answer. I think I'm going to wing it. I'm going to ask you to tell me when I've gone too far. You can just say... "Hey, red flag, maybe you shouldn't have gone there." Would that work for you? It works for me. My sister says that I like to be controversial. My husband says I talk too much and that I should really stop to think before I blurt things out. I think... that I sound controversial because I am so open-minded and empathetic that I can relate to two opposing parties simultaneously. In regards to my husband's point of view... well, I can't do anything about that. I've tried to shut up... but I can't! I have things to say and if I stay quiet too long I get grumpy. I like to talk... and yes it gets me in trouble, but only because I can't talk as fast as I think, and so sometimes I leave things out, or say them wrong, and then I didn't get my point across accurately. AND because people have to understand that most of the time, I am not talking out of intellect, but out of my emotions, feelings, and commitments. Also, I'm fickle. I can passionately talk about one thing today, and I could go home and change my mind because in all honestly there is no black in white in my world. Most things fall in a gray area, so although something could be really really bad in my opinion, if I change just a couple variables, I may be okay with it and passionately talk the other way about it tomorrow.
So, back to the point of why I started blogging. My daily activity level today was bland. I actually did go to the gym today, but I didn't make it there until 9pm. That's a whole 12 hours after the time I normally like to be there and usually exercise at. [I know that's improper English, so if anyone want to tell me how to not end a sentence with "at", please rephrase that last sentence for me and educate me.]
I don't want to make a ton of excuses for me, but what can I say? I'm human. I'm not feeling it. This morning, I spent time with my husband before he left on his work trip. I also took care of some pending business. We DIDN'T sell the car though! Boooo! That deal fell through, and now I have a ton of work for myself tomorrow regarding reposting it and calling back all the other interested parties. But, I did take my son on a leisurely bike ride to the library. He checked out some books and a PlayStation 3 game. I borrowed a Dean Koontz book for my husband to listen to on his car ride. Since I'm not done reading "The Help" or "Mine are Spectacular", I only got myself a couple movies. I rented Burlesque and Little Fockers.
I timed us to the library, it's 2.47 miles from my house and it took us 17.25 minutes to get there. We had some red lights, okay? I wore my heart rate monitor and it said I burned 64 calories. Woop-tee-doo!!
Then when I finally did get to the gym at 9pm, my knees hurt, my hands were swollen, and I still didn't want to actually work out. So, I drove myself there, just to WALK on the treadmill! I walked 3.7 miles, and burned 209 calories (according to my heart rate monitor, although the treadmill thought it should have been closer to 268 calories). Again, woop-te-doo!, but you know what, at least I went. I had to get back in there, now I'll have a better chance of wanting to go back tomorrow. I did weigh myself, and I'm still at 138 pounds. But, my body is already changing. I don't like this 138 pounds. It's fat and not muscle. Wait four weeks... when we're back on the school schedule, I'm hitting the gym hard! Yeah, baby! That 138 would never have looked so good! :-)
Tomorrow, I am going to have a green smoothie. That will kick things off and put things right. I'm thinking, banana, strawberry, and kale. I'll let you know!
Night!

No comments:
Post a Comment