Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A day in a hurry

It's already after noon and I'm barely sitting down to drink a cup of coffee.  Some days are very hurried.  I'm making lunch as I'm typing this and watching a movie with my husband.  HA!  Talk about multi-tasking.  But, I have to.  My husband is waiting for the weather to cool off so he can go to a service call so it's rare for him to be here during this time of day.  I'm looking forward to hanging out with a few really great gal pals so I have to make time now for my family.  These really cool chicks I'm hanging out with, I'm meeting them in only two hours and I still have no idea what to wear! 

So, before I gotta go, here is what I want to talk about:  OH, wait and before I do that... just want to say that Fox News had a story today about how the American Medical Association is asking the media to stop photoshopping women, models, actresses, and superstars.  I say... "HOORAY!"  I know I'm not the only one that compares myself and hold them as the "ideal".  Why wouldn't anyone want to look as curvaceous or sleek and wonderful as them?!  And, they're beautiful anyway, even without the photoshopping.  So let's celebrate ourselves!  And by the way, here is my latest inspiration that I cut out of a women's magazine:

But, back to what I wanted to talk about:  Isn't it amazing how having the right tools, supplies, equipment or clothing can make all the difference in the world?  The first time I went sledding in snow pants and boots blew my mind!  No wonder everyone else had fun doing this!  I use to come home with my jeans and socks soaking wet and I’d be freezing within minutes.  When I purchased running socks and running shoes I stopped getting blisters and bruised toe nails.  If you haven’t visited your local running shoe store, I recommend it. 

Besides dressing in the right stuff though, I am loving putting the right foods in my body.  Yesterday I was excited all ALL DAY because my eggs are Certified Humane, Cage Free, Whole Grain Fed, and No Drugs or Antibiotics.  It's the simple pleasures in life, right?  Do you know how horrendous  some of these chicken farms are?  Some of them, a lot of them, cut off the beaks of the chickens, they kill the males as soon as they are born, they let them sit in their own urine and feces until the acid burns off their feathers!  The best eggs to buy are Animal Welfare Approved, but I still have not found any that are.  There is a really cool website that takes the guessing out of all the new egg carton labels.  You can find it at:  http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/confinement_farm/facts/guide_egg_labels.html. 
The carton I bought even says that the chickens I bought my eggs from laid their eggs in nests.  Isn't it sad that not all of them are?
On to a happier topic, I have to say this before I forget... I love when I can splurge a little and buy organic vegetables and know that I’m not filling my body with damaging byproducts, pesticides, or ingredients.  I don’t want you to get the wrong idea though, I wish I was consistent with all of this, but the truth is that I also love and enjoy my cheesecakes, meals, and desserts.  I'm not a huge health freak.  I enjoy life, all of it.  I like every pleasure and indulge in a bunch of them.  I believe we should all treat ourselves like princesses, or royalty, or superstars, or whatever makes us happy.  Have you treated yourself well today?  
I have!  I got up and did a 45 minute Cardio Kickboxing class and it truly was a great workout.  On my way out the door, I invited my husband to the gym, who declined - but I happily yelled, "Gotta go workout, gotta blog I gotta write!"  :-)  After the Cardio Kickboxing class which I was a few minutes late to, and had to take a break during, and which is why it was only 45 minutes instead of one hour, I did a 30-minute Sculpting class.  I also treated myself by taking a few minutes and allowing myself to relax in the hot tub after my workout and my shower afterwards felt cool, refreshing, earned and just plain amazing.  (I told you I enjoyed all of life's little pleasures!) 

Want to know what I had for breakfast, I'm going to tell you because I feel very good about it.  Brown rice pancakes from Gluten-Free Pantry sprinkled with flax seeds to add Omega 3's.  Now if only my lunch was something to brag about... unfortunately it's not and it came out of a box.  Today it's Tuna Helper, sweet corn, and mashed potatoes. 
Well, like I said, I'm trying to get a ton of things done at the same time, so lunch wasn't as healthy as it could have been, and now I gotta run because what am I going to wear???  Enjoy your coffee, your day, your family, friends, and life!  Love and peace!  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment