Friday, August 26, 2011

Feeling Sore, Sore, Sore!

I woke up and didn't want to go workout today.

I thought I might ride my bike to the gym after taking Alexander to school.  After all, Turbokick doesn't start until 10:30am today anyway.  But I was feeling lazy, sleepy (coffee hadn't kicked in yet), tired, and sore. 

I called my girlfriend/neighbor - who has been wonderful in giving me rides to the gym this week- to ask if she was going to workout and she motivated me and convinced me to go.  She was heading there herself, so I didn't feel bad about asking her to wait for me.  It's so lucky we workout at the same gym!  AND it's been really cool driving in with her.  I don't usually have friend time or chit-chat time until after noon.  It's been a change of pace and it's been great to share the morning with her.  If you're reading this - thank you so much, Elisa! 

So, we did a Pilates class and... yikes!  I haven't done Pilates in a while and my butt and legs were cramping up, falling asleep, and then crying in pain.  Yes, I did take a pain killer this morning.  It was suppose to be for my arthritis pain, but it might as well be for my soreness too! 

After Pilates we stayed for half of Turbokick.  I couldn't get my heart rate monitor to work at the beginning of Pilates.  I don't know if you guys have this problem, but I think my strap isn't working right anymore.  I checked the battery on the watch and it's functioning, so it has to be the strap.  I actually have one built into my sports bra, which I love!  I usually have to soak it really well before it picks up my heart rate, but even then sometimes it doesn't work right.  Anyway, between the two classes I was able to log 54 minutes of my workout and registered that I burned 313 calories, 26% calories from fat.  My average heart rate was at 127 and my maximum at 171.  My watch is telling me that my Maximal Performance is Improving.  It's so funny.  I wonder what it would have said when I came home... had a sandwich, made a hot cocoa, and served myself two slices of Cinnabon toast.  I should feel guilty, right?  I do.  But, one thing at a time.  At least I'm hitting the gym again.  I'll deal with my diet in a couple months. 

We all struggle with something.  For me, it's definitely my diet.  I don't mind getting into the gym.  Although, I do always compare myself to that front row.  I've talked to you guys about the front row haven't I?  These girls are committed!  They're insane!  They're there, every day.  They know all the routines and moves.  They lift 15 pounds weights when I'm struggling with the 7.5 pound weights - okay, even the 5 pound weights sometimes!  And they eat right... it shows!!  They all have amazing bodies.  They all wear the best outfits - and the cutest ones too.  UGH!!  I want to BE them.  Well, kind of.  I want to be me.. but with their money, time, dedication, and jiggle-free bodies.  If they don't know... now they know... they inspire me!  They're my workout buddies, whether they know it, or like it, or not.  I mean, I know I can count on them to be there, and they're just as good as the instructors.  If I get lost and don't know what I'm doing, and I can't see the instructor, I just follow one of them.  I wonder if they think I'm crazy for always staring at them.  I hope they don't think I'm a lesbian.  Nothing wrong with it, if you are.  But I'm not.  Just saying... I spend a lot of time looking at women and comparing techniques, bodies, strength, flexibility.  I mostly spend a lot of time judging myself though.  Wow, I hope I don't sound crazy.  I swear, I'm only a little self-conscious.  I'm sure my husband would disagree.  Hmmmm... maybe I should stop talking for today.  :-)

See ya!

Peace, Love, and Harmony!

~Dora

No comments:

Post a Comment