Saturday, August 27, 2011

Celebrity Status

I may not even take the day off.  I am sore, but it feels so good!  I mentioned yesterday that I hadn't done Pilates in a while, and my body is feeling it!  It made me think of all the celebrities that love and praise this workout.  I've heard that there is nothing better to strengthen your core.  And the one celebrity that always pops into my mind who loves and swears by it is one of my favorites:
Jennifer Aniston!

I also read at one point or another that Pilates was developed for dancers and athletes to continue their workouts while they were injured.  "Pilates is a body conditioning routine that helps to not only build flexibility, but also strength, endurance, and coordination in the legs, abdominals, arms and back." - wikipedia.  It's very popular in the gyms and it seems like everyone is either doing Pilates, or interested, or at least tried it at one point or another.   

Michelle Obama, Kate Winslet, Jennifer Aniston, Jamie Lee Curtis, Jennifer Garner, Jennifer Lopez, Rebecca Romijn, Rachel Weisz, Brooke Burke, and Liv Tyler are among a few who've been spotted or been known to include Pilates in their workout regimen.  I'm sure if you asked some of your friends who workout regularly, they will also agree that they've at least tried it or are doing Pilates.

Here is a website with testimonials from other famous people: http://www.pilatescentral.co.uk/famous-pilate-devotees.html
Well, this was fun!  Maybe I should do this for all of my workouts!  Well, now you know what to expect for next week!







Pilates!  And the stars that love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment