Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fail, Fail, Fail, and Win

Okay, so here is the thing.  This blog is going to fail if I can only talk about working out.  I mean, yes, I definitely want to blog about it, but I don't want to have to ONLY blog about that.  How boring.  And anyway, my routine is pretty constant, so every Monday is the same workout, and every Tuesday... yep... same thing! 

So, speaking of things that are the same, here is something that is different.  A few days ago, my husband invited me to go for a run with him.  NOW, we are both very slow runners, and we don't usually run outside.  Sooo, it took us 26 minutes to run 2.2 miles.  But you know what, I felt amazing afterwards.  It felt so good to accomplish something that I dont' usually accomplish.  I felt grateful for the energy to finish it without stopping, I felt grateful for my heart, lungs, and legs that could still push me to complete it.  I mean, one day I'm going to be 96 and well, let's face it, I may or may not be able to finish even two little miles.  My arthritis is getting worse and I'm getting mad at my doctor.  I just don't feel like she's working for me.  She doesn't want to try anything natural, holistic, or even remove my ganglions.  I'm losing strength, flexibility, and use of my hands.  You'd think she would want to do more than just prescribe me drugs, but nooooo.  I don't know if it's because I have cheap insurance or what.  But she doesn't even discuss diet with me.  Well, whatever, I guess I'll have to do my own research or switch doctors, although I will say, I've had over five doctors in the last eight years.  Not good.  Not good at all.  It's just always the same, they just want to stick me on drugs.  I'm 34, I do not want to be popping pills every day for the rest of my life.  The other day, I forgot I was 34.  I was typing in my options on an elliptical and I usually don't do an elliptical, but I needed to cool down and I was sick of the treadmill, so I jumped on there real quick, and typed in that I was 33.  I had to do the math with my fingers.  It was weird thinking I was 34 for a minute, that sounds so much older than 33. 

Anyway, back to what I was saying.  Then today, I didn't go to the gym because they're redoing the floors so all my classes have been canceled for the week.  I pulled in extra hours for work and had a girlfriend over for coffee and chit chat this morning.  Then the Jehovah's Witnesses stopped by, and I let them in - my husband thinks this is hilarious.  He says I'm the only one who does this.  I also let in the other people who believe in the Mother God.  I am not afraid of other people's opinions, and I don't mind hearing what they have to say.  I don't pretend to know much of anything, and I believe in what I believe.  But anyway, as you can see my day was jam packed.  Before I knew it my husband and son were home and hungry.  So, I made salmon a big deal since I don't usually cook so healthy.  Well, I don't usually cook, so just that is a big deal - right? 

Anyway, I thought I was done for the day and I was ready to call it a day, until my husband said he'd like to go for a run.  Well, I am NOT letting him leave me behind, so of course I invited myself along (since that door has now been open).  It was amazing again!  I really really enjoy going running with him.  My son follows us on his bike... actually he leads the way.  Alex is slower than me at running, but he saves all his energy to sprint at the end.  I have to keep a constant pace or I won't finish.  Today we did 2.5 miles in 29 minutes.  Hey, we may not have gone any faster, but we went .3 miles longer!  LOL!!  Something is something, I'm celebrating every little accomplishment! 

haven't blogged in a while, and boy do I have drama.  My son has seasonal environmental allergies- BAD!  I have to tell you all about that next time.  Peace out!

<3, Dora

No comments:

Post a Comment