Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hello from the Library!

I'm at the library today!  I had planned to meet my sister-in-law's husband here and we were going to do some English tutoring lessons, however, he's not here.  :-(  I don't blame him, we'd said noon was a good time, but he wanted me to call him to secure the appointment.  I didn't do that because I can't make outgoing phone calls on my cell. right now.  (Insert another sad face here.)  It's a long drive to make if you're not sure that the lesson will be going on.  So, here I am, blogging instead. 

Next to me is my son, who didn't have school today.  It's his fifth day home... spring break came early this year.  On Friday, classes were canceled due to the heat wave, then was the weekend, yesterday was Labor Day Holiday, and today was some sort of teacher institute day.  Alexander is using the computer as well.  He's on the coolmathgames.com website.  I figure it's educational and fun... a win-win for both of us. 

I was catching up with my daughter on Facebook, but everyone says I need to give her more space.  It's just that I freaked out yesterday because she hadn't been answering her phone, there haven't been any Facebook posts in days, and she is seven hours away.  I kept remembering a "48 Hours" episode where a college girl was kidnapped, rapped, and murdered at her school, and well... my imagination got away from me.  Is that right?  Got away from me?  Or got away with me?  Hmmm... help me out someone. 

I did workout this morning.  They changed the schedule up for the fall and took away one of my favorite classes... Muscle Max.  They replaced it with Step Jam.  The class was really tough for me.  I don't know the steps, have poor coordination, and the cardio was tough too.  So, I only did half a class of that, and half a class of Zumba.  I burned a total of 554 calories in one hour and three minutes.  You know what gets me... the turns.  I get all confused with which way I'm suppose to turn and jump over the step.  And the thing is, if you get confused you have very little time to catch up because they're not stopping for you, they're on the next move.  And if I got all confused and am facing the wrong way... well, it's just even more confusing.  But, I've decided that I'm going to stick with this and try to learn how to Step.  

I'm assuming that since my brother-in-law isn't here, and it's an hour after the time we originally had scheduled, that today's lessons are canceled.  I'll have to do better with my communication going forward, I don't want him to think I'm irresponsible. 

Now that I am here, I am looking forward to checking out books with my son and I'm going to take him for a walk around the lake behind the library.  Afterwards we're going to go for a walk to the pond in our neighborhood as well and see if we can find the koi fish (a big beautiful orange koi fish that someone must have released when it got so big), and Monster.  We let him go.  Alexander cried a lot, but it was the right thing to do.  It was a wild turtle and it would never have been happy in that tank at home.  When we let him go, he swam halfway into that pond!  And Churro, our dog, who hates getting wet, followed him right in!!  Churro sniffed around and looked for him everywhere!  He really liked that turtle!  It was kind of sad because I could see how desperate he was to locate his little buddy.  And in the meantime, Alexander was crying and crying.  Oh, we must have looked like a real sight!  Churro was all muddy and needed a bath when he got home.  But Monster, he just poked his little head out from halfway out there in the pond, and whenever I called his name, he'd duck down and hide.  He really didn't want to come back.  That just enforced my feelings and thoughts that it was the right thing for him.  Kassandra wanted to be let go.  Monster wanted to be let go.  But, Alexander... he says he's not leaving yet, but when he is ready to leave, he says, he's going to call me EVERY DAY.  That's why I love this kid!!

Labor Day weekend was a blast!  We had a birthday party for Ernie and Jaime (my brother and my sister's husband) on Friday.  We had a bonfire and sweets.  Saturday we had a babyshower for my cousin Eli and his girlfriend Kelly.  We got rained on, and had tequila shots and drinks.  Sunday we had my father-in-law's company picnic, we danced, played Bingo, and rode a mechanical bull.  Monday, my sisters and their families came over and we watched Patrice O'Neal's comedy show, threw the football around, danced to LMFAO, and just had a plain good old time.  There are pictures, but I've posted them already on facebook. 

If you want to check them out, go to:  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=720616718#!/profile.php?id=720616718.

Or just friend request me.  You can search for me by my name:  Doraluz Gallegos (Vargas) or by my email:  doraluz8@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment