I am not a morning person! I give myself credit for getting up and making my son a good breakfast AND making sure I got him to school On TIME.
His snack was in his backpack: watermelon, cheese stick, and crackers. Check that off my list of things to remember in the morning. (HA HA, good for me!) Even more so, I am proud of myself for actually driving myself to the gym and doing a 45-minute Zumba class (fun, yet not too strenuous). It shows my commitment for... well, maybe not losing weight, but not gaining weight either at least. I even got on the treadmill afterwards and was determined to complete a three mile run, after the first mile though, I noticed that my left pinky toe was hurting and if I get a blister, I won't be doing any exercising for the next week- so I stopped.
While on the treadmill, I mentally created a "gratitude list", basically everything I just mentioned. I am grateful for getting my son to school ON TIME, homework completed, snack ready, good breakfast (if you must know, it was two eggs - over easy with a hot dog wiener, all beef - the alternative was cereal and yes, probably the sugary kind). I think he had orange juice, but that may have been me.
I'm grateful for the energy and motivation to go the gym and workout, the car and gas that got me there, for Mary my Zumba instructor, she always motivates me to move and work toward looking better.
Then, I went to a doctor appointment, and well... since this is my first blog entry and you may or may not know... I have been suffering from many depressing ailments. Eight years ago, after the birth of my son, I started breaking out in rashes. I already knew, had known for a few years, that I had rheumatoid arthritis. At one point, I took steroids for it, but I hated how it made me feel and have been dealing with it on my own through exercise for the last few years. The strange thing was that every time I tried to figure out what was causing the rashes (oh and ganglions that have grown on both my hands and feet) - the doctors couldn't help me! And I've seen a lot of doctors, all kinds of doctors. Doctors in the United States, in Mexico, doctors that specialized in herbs, and acupuncture, Chinese doctors in China Town, and well... all kinds of doctors. I've had so many tests done, I don't even remember them all. I've had xrays, ultrasounds, blood work, a bone marrow biopsy, skin biopsy, allergy tests, a lung/breathing test. They all thought I was dying of some weird disease or cancer. Two different doctors years apart told me to grab a bible and slam in on my hand to get rid of the ganglions. Morons, do you not understand I also have arthritis? I can't even knock on a door without it causing me enough pain to cry. Oh, you must think I'm some old decrepit almost in the grave lady. I'm only 33. Depressing, huh?
ANYWAY, I'm telling you all this because I started seeing a NEW doctor, another new doctor, and she did another allergy test on me. This allergy test was different, it was from my blood. Why no one has considered this option in the last eight years boggles my mind, but whatever. Guess what... I'm allergic to milk. Does this mean anything to you? To me, it's well, it's unimaginable. I don't know how to live. How will I have my coffee in the morning? I usually like it Mexican style, as in made with milk instead of water, or with cream and sugar, usually a little more cream than coffee. Or at least equal parts. I have a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch... now what, just a ham sandwich? No cheese? I already gave up mayo a year ago, so at least that won't be much of a problem, but still - just ham, no cheese? Even with lettuce, tomato, onion... it'll still be missing the best part. Okay, this may sound gross to you, but when I'm not too hungry for lunch, another of my favorites is a sour cream taco. OKAY, I'm Mexican. I like this stuff! Here is another thing... I LOVE brownies, chocolate chip cookies, cheesecake, apple pie, ice cream to make it a la mode... but the best part is the milk to drown it down with. It's my comfort food. How can I have a pie or cookies with no milk? Water just won't do. Black coffee, YUCK. I'm going to have to start living off of wine and fruit. At least they didn't take away my bread and potatoes, although my sister keeps telling me that first of all, they're carbs, and second of all, they might worsen my arthritis. Just kill me now.
And speaking of dying slowly, I have to get back to work. I've been pretty productive today, but I still have a couple more hours to clock in. Ladies and gentlemen, I will see you soon. And you will learn all about my love of family, vacations, and the drama I'm experiencing with my teenage daughter. Well, maybe not. I may have to keep some of this private. Which is extremely difficult for me, because as anyone who knows me knows... I love to talk and share and talk and talk and say things I shouldn't. Arrivederci.
P.S., I will not be editing and re-reading my posts, I am going to write things down how they come out of my mind, and if they don't make sense - I'll hate myself later, but I'm just not spending the time on making my writing pretty.
No comments:
Post a Comment